October 31, 2013

Eminem Collaborates With Rihanna On 'The Monster' From His New Album

Rihanna and Eminem’s new duet is called ‘The Monster,’ which will appear on ‘The Marshall Mathers LP 2,’ out Nov. 5.
Rihanna and Eminem’s new duet is called ‘The Monster,’ which will appear on ‘The Marshall Mathers LP 2,’ out Nov. 5
Slim and Shady are back together again.

After Eminem and Rihanna's success off their last collaboration, 2010's "Love the Way You Lie," the duo has joined forces again with "The Monster," released on iHeartRadio.
Their latest musical pairing is off Eminem's highly anticipated album, "The Marshall Mathers LP 2," due out Nov. 5.

Just as their previous hit, it seems Em and RiRi have done it again as their new song is sure to get heads bopping from the very beginning of the tune.

"I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed," Rihanna sings. "Get along with the voices inside of my head."


The stars are like a match made in musical heaven as their chemistry is undeniable. While the "Diamonds" singer embraces her demons, the Detroit rapper struggles with the reality of fame.

His lyrics begin with: "I wanted the fame, but not the cover of Newsweek / Oh well, guess beggars can't be choosey / Wanted to receive attention for my music / Wanted to be left alone in public, excuse me / Been wanting my cake and eat it too, and wanting it both ways / Fame made me a balloon cause my ego inflated."




While Em seemed to be hiding behind the Call of Duty: Ghosts video game when he released his first single "Survival," it was only a matter of time before he'd be in front of the camera again.

In a candid outpouring of his life behind the music, Eminem opened up about his prescription drug addiction in the documentary "How to Make Money Selling Drugs."

"People tried to tell me that I had a problem," he said in the film, which was released in June. "I would say, 'Get that f--king person out of here. I'm not out there shooting heroin. I'm not f--king out there putting coke up my nose. I'm not smoking crack.'"

But the reality was that the 40-year-old musician was slowly killing himself by admittedly taking up to 20 Vicodin a day.

"My organs were shutting down. My liver, kidneys, everything," he said. "They were going to have to put me on dialysis. They didn't think I was going to make it. My bottom was going to be death."

Now, after bouncing back from his addiction, the outspoken emcee comes from behind his struggles to once again take center stage. He will perform at the YouTube Music Awards in New York City Nov. 3, along with Lady Gaga and Arcade Fire.

No comments: